The College Provost
Prof Franklin Eziho Nlerum, the College Provost, is from Obio/Akpo Local Government Area of Rivers State. He is happily married to Mrs Blessing Ezi-Nlerum and blessed with four children.
Prof Franklin attended Saint John’s State School, Rumueme, Port Harcourt, where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate (F.S.L.C) in 1974. He had his West African School Certificate (W.A.S.C) from Government Secondary School, Okporowo, Ogbakiri in 1979, and BSc (Agricultural Production) from Rivers State University of Science and Technology(RSUST) Port Harcourt in 1985. In 2002 Dr Franklin obtained his M.Sc(Agricultural Extension) from Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) and a Ph.D in Rural Sociology and Development from Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria.
|Place of Birth:||Rumueme Community, Port Harcourt|
|Family Status:||Married to Mrs Blessing Ezi-Nlerum with four children|
|Academic Certificate:||• First School Leaving Certificate (F S. L.C), 1974
• West African School Certificate (W.A.S.C), 1979
• B.Sc. (Agricultural Production), 1985
• M.Sc. (Agricultural Extension),2002 Ph.D (Rural Sociology and Development)
|Rank:||Reader (Associate Professor of Rural Sociology/Extension)|
|Office Responsibilities:||• Coo-ordinator; Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) 2006-2016
• Departmental Examination Officer 2006-2010
• Faculty Time-Table Officer 2006-2010
• Member Faculty Disciplinary Committee 2007-2017
• Accreditation Committee Member 2007-2017
• Hall Warden 2007-2011
• Senate Member Faculty Rep 2015-2017
• Department Post Graduate Co-ordinator 2014-2017
• Provost Rivers State College of Health Science & Technology 2017-Date
|Affiliations & Recognitions:||- Member, Horticultural Society of Nigeria, 2005 to date.
- Member, Agricultural Society of Nigeria, 2006 to date.
- Member, Agricultural Extension Society of Nigeria, 2008 to date.
- Member, Nigerian Rural Sociological Association, 2013 to date.
|Papers at Conferences:||7|
|Publications Scientific Journals:||46|